Quotes :)

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

One Layer at a Time...

Your hot, sunny rays have burned my skin
A hue of cherry now spreads its wings
The heat that can't escape
Is trapped inside, looking for a way to break loose

The fire has taken flight, and the physical pain is no more
But now, I must rid of the emotional ail
So I shed my skin to set it free
But my heart is still holding on to those strings

One layer at a time, I will peel away
The pain, the anger, the hurt, the betrayal
I will keep my head held high
And prove to you that I am strong

I will not let you see what is stirring inside
My outer shell may display the corrupt canvas
But slowly, it will heal in time.
All I need is the time to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment